Tuesday 16 July 2013

Masoor Dal Tadka (Red Lentil Soup)

MASOOR DAL TADKA


This is one of the simplest yet delicious dal recipe. I added a little twist to this simple dal and it turned out to be the most delicious dal I ever made. My husband loved it very much and we both enjoyed every bite of it.
If you are eager to know the twist I gave please go through the instructions below. I really recomend you to try out this recipe.
Serving tip : serve it with hot Naan or roti or rice.

                 

Ingredients:
  Masoor Dal - 1 cup
  Turmeric powder - 1/4 tea spoon
  Ginger - half inch
  Garlic - 2 pods
  Greean chillies - to taste
  Salt - to taste
Method :
1.Soak masoor dal (red lentil) for 30 mins.
2.Pressure cook dal with ginger+garlic+green chillies paste.
3.For seasoning add oil in a pan , add mustard seeds into the oil once they start spluttering add sliced onions and fry until they turn golden brown.
4.Add the season to the dal.

No comments:

Post a Comment